Prospective PhD/MPhil students
I am currently recruiting self-motivated PhD and MPhil students. Please carefully read the following contents before sending me an E-mail:
Research interests: I mainly study how to design advanced machine learning algorithms using mathematical tools, which can be further applied to computer vision, data mining, and other fields.
Recent research interests include weakly supervised learning (e.g., semi-supervised learning, label noise robust learning, PU learning, partial label learning, etc.), interactive machine learning (curriculum learning, machine teaching, etc.).
Admission expectations: I prefer the students who have solid mathematical foundations, strong programming skills, and good English abilities (listening/speaking/reading/writing).
The experiences in research (e.g. academic competition, publications, extracurricular academic activities, etc.) will be a benefit.
Training objectives: 1) After carefully organized scientific research training, the students are expected to gain solid professional knowledge, rigorous scientific thinking, strong practical ability,
broad academic vision, and important scientific literacy for independent problem discovery, thinking, and solving;
2)Publish high-level and impactful papers in top journals or conferences, and is interested in continuing academic research after graduation.
My promise: 1) Since I have always been in the frontline of scientific research, I will provide you a full range of effective guidance in algorithm design, coding, experimental verification, paper writing, patent application, presentation, etc.
2) Provide you enjoyable scientific research atmosphere, comfortable research environment, generous allowance/rewards, and efficient computing equipment;
3) I will not let you deal with administrative affairs that are not related to your research, so as to ensure that you have sufficient time for your research;
4) For the students who succesfully get their papers accepted by top conferences, I will try my best to financially support them to participate in the conferences;
5) For outstanding PhD students, I will provide a joint training opportunity with overseas universities with a duration of 0.5-2 years;
6) For outstanding graduates, I would be happy to write recommendation letters for job hunting or university application.